What are the main ingredients in tzatziki sauce?
Get ready to impress your guests with this classic Greek appetizer! Tzatziki is a refreshing and flavorful dip that is perfect for any gathering. It’s made with simple ingredients but has a complex taste that will leave your guests asking for the recipe.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the grated cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the cucumber drain for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Stir the dill into the yogurt mixture.
- Use a paper towel to squeeze the excess liquid from the cucumber. Add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the tzatziki in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and makes for a more tantalizing dip!
Serve this classic Greek appetizer with pita bread, sliced vegetables, or as a condiment for grilled meats. Tzatziki is not only delicious, but it’s also healthy. Greek yogurt is high in protein and has probiotics that are good for your gut. This easy-to-make dip is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.