What ingredients are needed to make an authentic Greek frappe coffee?
If you’ve ever been to Greece, you’ve probably seen people sipping on a cold, frothy drink called frappe. This delicious iced coffee is a staple of Greek café culture, and it’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make an authentic Greek frappe that’s refreshing, frothy, and full of flavor.
- Start by filling a shaker or a jar with cold water. You want to use cold water from the fridge, because it’ll help create a frothy foam when you shake your frappe.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee to the water. You can use any brand you like, as long as it’s instant coffee. Nescafe is a popular brand in Greece, but any instant coffee will work.
- Next, add sugar to taste. Greeks traditionally use a lot of sugar in their frappes – around 2-3 teaspoons – but you can adjust the amount to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter frappe, feel free to add more sugar.
- Now it’s time to shake! Close the lid of your shaker or jar tightly and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. You want to create a thick, frothy foam on top of the coffee.
- Pour the frappe into a tall glass, making sure to include the foam on top. Add ice cubes, if desired, and serve immediately.
And that’s it! You’ve made an authentic Greek frappe coffee that’s perfect for a hot summer day. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your refreshing, frothy drink like a true Greek.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for authentic Greek frappe coffee. If you try it, let us know how it turned out in the comments! And if you’re interested in other Greek recipes, make sure to check out our website for more delicious ideas.