What are some traditional Greek ingredients used in vegan cooking?
Indulge in a Mouthwatering Greek Vegan Recipe: Bursting with Flavor and Tradition
Greek cuisine is renowned for its bold flavors and healthy ingredients. And while many dishes feature meat or cheese as a main component, there are plenty of delicious vegan recipes that showcase the best of Greek cooking. This vegan recipe combines classic ingredients like potatoes, olives, and lemon with the bright flavors of fresh herbs and garlic. It’s hearty, satisfying, and perfect for a cozy dinner on a chilly evening.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, olives, capers, olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the potato mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and lightly golden.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.