What ingredients are traditionally used in this Greek breakfast recipe featured in ‘Savor the Mediterranean Morning’?
Savor the Mediterranean Morning: A Traditional Greek Breakfast Recipe to Brighten Your Day
There’s nothing quite like the bright, fresh, and flavorful foods of Greece to start any day on a positive note. The blend of healthy Mediterranean ingredients and savory spices will transport your taste buds to the beautiful Grecian shoreline. Today, we’re going to prepare a nourishing Greek-inspired breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied well into the day. So let’s get started!
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 Wholewheat slices of bread
- Fresh dill and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F). Arrange bread slices on a baking tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Bake until crispy.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper. Cook to your desired style (scrambled, over easy, sunny side up).
- Arrange the cooked eggs, sliced tomatoes, and cucumbers on a plate. Sprinkle the crumbled feta and Kalamata olives over it all.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the oregano over everything. Optional: Garnish with fresh dill and parsley.
- Pair this delicious spread with a slice or two of your crispy wholewheat bread. Your traditional Greek breakfast is ready to be savored!
And there you have it — a healthy, delicious, traditional Greek breakfast that’s sure to brighten any day! The combination of fresh ingredients, rich flavors, and rustic simplicity truly embodies the spirit of Greek cuisine. Don’t forget to pair this meal with a delicious cup of Greek coffee for a truly Mediterranean breakfast experience. Enjoy the flavors and feel the vibes of Greece right in your kitchen!