What are the typical ingredients in the traditional Greek breakfast dish, Tyropita, that make it a staple of PAA (Personal Activity Allowance)?
Delight in a Traditional Greek Breakfast with Tyropita Recipe
Experience the authentic flavors of Greece with our traditional Tyropita recipe. Derived from the Greek words ‘tyri’ meaning cheese and ‘pita’ meaning pie, Tyropita is a savory pastry filled with feta cheese that burst in flavor in every bite.
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 500g of feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together the feta cheese, eggs and milk until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Lightly oil a baking pan and lay a sheet of phyllo dough. Brush it lightly with oil.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough. Cover it with another sheet of phyllo dough. Brush it lightly with oil.
- Repeat the process until all your ingredients are used.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have it, your taste buds will take a trip to the heart of Greece from the comfort of your home. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this delicious tyropita will be a hit with everyone. Pair it with a cup of deep roasted Greek coffee to perfect your Greek immersion experience. Καλή σας όρεξη! (Enjoy your meal!)