What are the main ingredients in this authentic Greek lemonade recipe?
If you’re looking for a refreshing drink to quench your thirst on a hot summer day, you can’t go wrong with a glass of authentic Greek lemonade. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a pitcher of this zesty beverage that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- Sliced lemons for garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pitcher and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the water and stir to combine.
- Chill the lemonade in the refrigerator until cold.
- Serve over ice and garnish with sliced lemons and mint leaves, if desired.
A few notes:
- The amount of sugar you use may vary depending on your taste preferences. Start with 1 cup and add more if needed.
- You can also add a splash of sparkling water to make the lemonade fizzy.
- For a more traditional Greek flavor, you can also add a touch of rose water or orange blossom water.