What are some tips for achieving the perfect lemon and herb roasted chicken?
Mouthwatering Greek Delight: Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken with Crispy Greek Potatoes and Feta Salad
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal, this Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken with Crispy Greek Potatoes and Feta Salad is the perfect choice. It’s packed with Greek flavors and textures, and is sure to become a family favorite in no time!
With juicy chicken, crispy potatoes, and zesty feta salad, this dish is a winner on all fronts. And the best part? It’s super simple to make, requiring just a few ingredients and minimal prep time. So let’s get started!
- 4 large chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C.
- Place the chopped potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the chicken. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then rub the herb mixture all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish, skin side up. Scatter the lemon slices around the chicken. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- While the chicken is roasting, prepare the feta salad. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled feta cheese, sliced red onion, and halved cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp red wine vinegar, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Plate the chicken with the crispy Greek potatoes and feta salad on the side.
There you have it – a mouthwatering Greek delight that’s simple to make and sure to impress. Whether you’re feeding a hungry family or hosting a dinner party, this Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken with Crispy Greek Potatoes and Feta Salad is the perfect choice for a hearty and satisfying meal. Give it a try today!