What ingredients are typically used in Greek-inspired Mediterranean lunches?
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under running water until the water runs clear.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and add it to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine.
- Add the feta, parsley, mint, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and olives.
- Toss to combine and serve.