What are some traditional Greek ingredients that are used in this dinner recipe?
If you’re a fan of Mediterranean cuisine, then you must try Greek food. The food is filled with rich flavors, fresh ingredients, and traditional techniques that have been passed down for generations. This recipe is a mouthwatering dinner that will transport you straight to Athens. So, let’s indulge in authentic Greek cuisine with this recipe.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
– 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a large baking dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
4. Drizzle the mixture over the chicken and massage it in with your hands.
5. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the foil, spoon the feta cheese, chopped olives, and diced tomatoes over the chicken.
7. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro before serving.
9. Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
This recipe is an easy way to enjoy authentic Greek flavors without leaving your home. It’s perfect for a cozy night in or a dinner party with friends. You’ll love how the chicken is juicy and flavorful, while the feta cheese and kalamata olives add a tangy and salty punch. Don’t forget to serve it with a squeeze of lemon juice for an extra pop of freshness. Enjoy your mouthwatering dinner!