What ingredients are commonly used in Kounoupidi Kapama?
Kounoupidi Kapama is a traditional Greek dish that is vegan-friendly and packed with flavor. This recipe includes cauliflower, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spices to create a savory and satisfying meal that is perfect for vegetarians and vegans alike.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and garlic, sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and dried oregano, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet and stir until coated with the tomato mixture.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is delicious served with a side of rice or quinoa, and sprinkled with fresh parsley or chopped scallions. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your liking and add extra vegetables if you prefer.