What are some easy and delicious variations to add to a Greek chicken gyros recipe to make it even more flavorful?
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 pitas (or flatbreads)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a baking dish, bake the chicken strips for 25-30 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mint leaves, dill leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Warm the pitas or flatbreads in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until they are warm and soft.
- Spread the yogurt mixture on the pitas or flatbreads.
- Add the cooked chicken strips, cucumber, red onion, tomato slices and crumbled feta cheese to each of the pitas or flatbreads.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge over each of the gyros.
- Fold the pita or flatbread in half and serve immediately.