What are the traditional ingredients used in Greek lamb kebabs?
- 1 lb boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the lamb, onion, and peppers to the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the lamb, onion, and peppers onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill the kebabs on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the lamb is cooked to your liking, about 10-12 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes before serving.