What is the traditional method for making a Greek frappé coffee?
Raise Your Glass to Tradition with Authentic Greek Frappé Recipe
A frappé is a frothy iced coffee drink that originates from Greece. Despite its humble roots, frappé has now become a popular beverage all around the world, especially during hot summer days. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a traditional Greek frappé using only a few simple ingredients, but with an authentic taste that will transport your senses straight to Greece.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Ice cubes
- Cold water
- Milk (optional)
- Take a tall glass and add the instant coffee, sugar, and water to it.
- Using a handheld frother or a whisk, mix everything together until it turns into a light brown, creamy froth.
- Add some ice cubes to the glass. You can use as many as you want, depending on your preference.
- Next, add cold water until the glass is almost full. Leave some room on top for the milk, if desired.
- Finally, pour in some milk on top, if you want a creamier frappé.
- You can stir everything together with a straw, or enjoy the layered look of the drink by drinking it as is. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your authentic Greek frappé!
Now that you know how to make a traditional Greek frappé, you can surprise your friends and family with a delicious taste of Greece. Just remember to use the right ingredients and mix them well to achieve that perfect frothy consistency. Cheers to tradition!