What are some key ingredients in the Greek breakfast recipe that make it unique?
Start Your Day with a Greek Twist: Try This Delicious Greek Breakfast Recipe!
There’s nothing like a delicious and healthy breakfast to get your day off to a good start. And if you’re looking for something new and exciting to try for breakfast, why not give this Greek breakfast recipe a whirl? It’s packed full of healthy ingredients and flavors that are sure to wake up your taste buds and keep you feeling full and satisfied all morning long.
For the Greek Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fruit of your choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Veggie Frittata:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, honey, and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and spinach and cook until the vegetables are wilted and any liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and sprinkle the feta cheese on top. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the bottom starts to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the eggs are set and the frittata is golden brown.
- Serve the Greek yogurt and veggie frittata together, garnished with fresh parsley.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Greek breakfast recipe! It’s a great way to start your day with a healthy, flavorful meal that will keep you going until lunchtime. If you have any other favorite Greek breakfast recipes, be sure to share them with us in the comments below!