What are the key ingredients for the Greek-inspired vegan recipe in ‘Plant-Based Perfection’?
Plant-Based Perfection: A Greek-Inspired Vegan Recipe to Satisfy Your Appetite
Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan meal? Look no further than this Greek-inspired recipe that will leave your taste buds begging for more. Packed with plant-based goodness and bursting with flavor, this dish is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the quinoa and vegetable broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, and fresh parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- Divide the quinoa and vegetable mixture into bowls, and serve with a side of warm pita bread or toasted whole grain bread.
- Add a dollop of vegan tzatziki sauce for extra flavor.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
And there you have it – a delicious and nutritious vegan meal that is sure to satisfy your appetite. Whether you are a vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this Greek-inspired recipe is a perfect choice. Enjoy!