What are some ingredient substitutes that can be used in this Greek vegan spinach and feta pie recipe to accommodate specific dietary restrictions?
Delightful Greek Vegan Spinach and Feta Pie Recipe
Who says vegans can’t enjoy traditional Greek cuisine? This spinach and feta pie recipe is easy to make, delicious, and suitable for a vegan diet. It makes for a perfect weekend brunch or light dinner option. Follow the recipe below and savor the taste of Greece!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until transparent, for about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the thawed spinach, crumbled vegan feta, chopped fresh dill, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the unsweetened almond milk, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and turmeric powder together. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the spinach and feta mixture into the bowl with the chickpea flour batter. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pie dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the pie is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the spinach and feta pie cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your vegan Greek spinach and feta pie with a side salad or a dollop of vegan tzatziki sauce. This recipe can also be customized by adding other vegetables like mushrooms or bell peppers. Don’t hesitate to experiment and make it your own. Bon appetit!