What ingredients are needed to make Greek lemonade and where can they be found?
Refreshing Greek Lemonade: A Classic Recipe for a Summertime Favorite
When a hot summer day hits, there’s nothing more refreshing than a cold glass of lemonade. This classic recipe adds a Greek twist to the mix, making it a unique and flavorful way to beat the heat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this delicious drink in your hand in no time!
- 4-6 large lemons
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 cups of cold water
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Begin by juicing your lemons, making sure to remove any seeds. You’ll need about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the mint leaves and stir again. (For a stronger mint flavor, muddle the leaves before adding them to the mix.)
- Refrigerate the lemonade for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve cold over ice, garnished with extra mint leaves and lemon wedges if desired.
There you have it – a classic Greek lemonade recipe that’s perfect for summertime sipping. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or hosting a backyard barbecue, this refreshing drink is sure to be a hit with everyone!