What are the key ingredients required to make refreshing Greek Lemonade?
Refreshing Greek Lemonade: A Citrusy Twist on a Classic Summer Drink
If you’re looking for a refreshing drink to cool down on a hot summer day, then look no further than Greek Lemonade! This citrusy twist on a classic summer drink is easy to make and will quench your thirst in no time.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sliced lemon and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine water, lemon juice, honey, dried mint leaves, and dried oregano. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- Before serving, give the lemonade a good stir and pour over ice.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and mint leaves, if desired.
Why Greek Lemonade?
What sets Greek Lemonade apart from other lemonades is the addition of herbs like mint and oregano. These herbs give the drink a refreshing and unique flavor that is perfect for hot summer days. Not to mention, the honey is a great natural sweetener that is much healthier than traditional sugar.
A Versatile Drink
While Greek Lemonade is perfect for sipping poolside, it can also be dressed up for a more sophisticated occasion. Simply add a splash of vodka for a refreshing cocktail, or pair with your favorite Greek dish for the ultimate Mediterranean meal.
Your New Summer Favorite
With its refreshing citrus and herb flavors, Greek Lemonade is sure to become your new go-to summer drink. So grab a pitcher and start mixing!