What are the key ingredients in a typical Greek lunch dish?
A trip to Greece is a must for any food lover. The cuisine of this Mediterranean country is filled with fresh, healthy and delicious ingredients that make your taste buds dance. Lucky for you, you don’t need to book a flight to Athens to experience that Greek flavor. With this recipe, you can bring a taste of Greece to your home.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This salad is perfect for a light summer lunch, or to take to work or school. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free and full of flavor. Plus, it’s easy to customize. You can add more vegetables, use different types of cheese or swap quinoa for rice or pasta.