Have you ever wanted to eat healthy but craved flavour packed meals? Add this low calorie Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce to your go-to meal prep. The incredibly juicy Chicken Souvlaki has few ingredients and will be ready in minutes. With Greek yogurt and cucumber, the Tzatziki Sauce adds a refreshing touch and it absolutely guilt-free. For a balanced meal, enjoy it with my favourite Crispy Oven-Baked Garlic Potatoes, some Greek Salad and Pita Bread!
Subscribe for more recipes that impress with ease! – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSSP4z2Pz3i1EaymbqcQDXg/featured?sub_confirmation=1
Check out my Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/platinitwithwendy
Follow me on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/platinitwithwendy/
0:30 Chicken Souvlaki
3:00 Tzatziki Sauce
5:20 Oven Baked Garlic Potatoes
Souvlaki Ingredients – Makes approximately 10 skewers
3 lbs Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless), cut into thirds
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Zest of ½ a lemon
6 finely chopped garlic cloves
3 teaspoons Dried Oregano
½ cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste
– In a bowl, place the cut chicken and add olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped garlic, dried oregano, salt and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
– Soak bamboo skewers in a bowl of water for 15 minutes.
– Now put four cut chicken pieces onto each skewer.
– Heat a grill pan or fry pan and drizzle with oil when heated.
– Cook the chicken skewers and turn frequently until the chicken has cooked and nicely browned (approximately 15 minutes).
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients
1 ¼ cup Greek yogurt
⅓ clove of garlic
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
– Peel the cucumber and grate it.
– Put the grated cucumber in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Give it a mix and set aside to release its liquid.
– Now in the yogurt, combine the finely chopped garlic clove, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until combined.
– Squeeze the cucumber in a kitchen paper towel to release the liquid.
Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture and combine the two.
– Add finely chopped dill to your tzatziki sauce.
– Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
Oven Baked Garlic Potatoes Ingredients
1 garlic head
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Cilantro
– Heat your oven to 425 degrees F or 218 degrees C.
– Peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Toss the potatoes with ground black pepper, salt and olive oil.
– Put the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Cut off the top of the garlic head, coat with olive oil and place in a piece of foil. Wrap up the garlic with the foil and place it in the same baking sheet.
Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
– Open the foil wrapped garlic head and squeeze out the garlic cloves into a bowl. Remove any peels and mash the soft garlic into a paste.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir the mashed garlic with the butter to make a paste.
– Put the potatoes into a bowl and drizzle the garlic paste over the potatoes and mix till the potatoes are well coated.
– Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Song: Jarico – Island
Music supported by #BackgroundMusicWithoutLimitations
Free Download: https://bit.ly/3n3snwj