Maakouda – Moroccan style vegetable pie. Also known as maakoud. In this recipe I used cauliflower, sweet potatoes and carrots, but basically you can add any kind of vegetables that you like, such as peas, asparagus and herbs. You even can add boiled eggs.
More Vegeterian Recipes:
Crispy Roasted Potatoes: http://bit.ly/RoastedCrispyPotatoes
Cabbage patties: http://bit.ly/CabbagePatties
Avocado Pasta: http://bit.ly/AvocadoPastaTCF
Cauliflower Cheese Balls: http://bit.ly/CauliflowerBalls
Spinach Quiche Recipe: http://bit.ly/SpinachQuicheRecipe
Middle Eastern Recipes:
Eggplant and Meat Cake: http://bit.ly/EggplantMeatCake
Jerusalem Bagel: http://bit.ly/JerusalenBagel
Meat Borek: http://bit.ly/MeatBorekRecipe
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Homemade Hummus: http://bit.ly/HummusTCF
My favorite kitchen equipment:
4 medium-large potatoes
1 large onion
1/2 cauliflower (~500g)
1 large sweet potato
1.5-2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil (or more, depends on the pan size)
1. In a large pot cook all the vegetables except the onion until tender.
2. Peel potatoes, put them in a large bowl and mash into puree. Add egg and mix until incorporated.
3. Chop an onion and sauté over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until golden.
4. Dice carrots, sweet potato, roughly chop cauliflower. Add to the bowl. Add cooked onion. Season with salt, pepper and turmeric. Mix well.
5. Heat oven to 200c (390f).
6. Heat oil over high heat in a large over-proof pan. Transfer potato mixture to the hot pan, flatten and cook for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool and carefully flip.
Canon EOS 80D: http://amzn.to/2CkSMOr
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/2HbPUHf
*some links provided above are affiliate links