Get my nutrition tips, healthy food recommendations, and delicious recipes: https://www.sevassolutions.com
WHAT IS HUMMUS?
Hummus is not only made with healthy ingredients, but it’s vegan too! It’s a spread or dip made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and spices. It’s commonly eaten in the Middle East and the Mediterranean cultures and cuisines.
THE SECRET TO THE PERFECT HUMMUS
It’s all about the order in which you add the ingredients to your food processor. Tahini and lemon juice always go in together first. Before adding in anything other ingredients, turn on the food processor and let it run for a minute or so.
From here, the order of the rest of the ingredients (aside from the chickpeas) doesn’t really matter. The most important thing is to add each ingredient one by one making sure to let them mix in the food processor for at least 30 seconds to a minute before adding the next ingredient in.
Let the food processor do it’s job! This will ensure you have the smoothest, fluffiest, and creamiest hummus that is irresistible.
The simplest trick to having the fluffiest, whipped hummus is cold water. Once all of the ingredients are added, everything’s been processed, and you have a smooth paste-like consistency, you’re ready to add in your water.
All you’re going to want to do is turn your food processor back on. One tablespoon at a time, add it your cold water and blend until well-combined. Don’t add more than three tablespoons! No one wants a watery hummus dip.
6 servings or ~ 1 1/2 cups
1 (15 oz.) can Chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice (1 large lemon)
1/4 cup Tahini (https://youtu.be/Xzhnc3Fs3Mk)
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 Tbsp. EVOO, plus more for serving
1/2 tsp. Cumin
Salt to taste
2 to 3 Tbsp. Cold Water
Dash of ground Paprika for serving
1. Combine the tahini and lemon juice into a food processor and mix for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and process for another 30 seconds.
2. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and salt one at a time. Process for 30 seconds each. Scrape the sides and process for another 30 seconds.
3. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and process for another 30 seconds. Then, add remaining chickpeas and process until smooth (~1 to 2 minutes).
4. If the hummus is too thick or has chunks of chickpeas, turn the food processor on. Add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
5. Drizzle your hummus with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of paprika.
*Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.*
Serving Size 1/4 cup
Protein 6 g.
Carbohydrate 18 g.
Dietary Fiber 5 g.
Total Sugars 3 g.
Total Fat 11 g.
Saturated Fat 2 g.
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and let me know what videos you want to see from me in the comments section!