Get my nutrition tips, healthy food recommendations, and delicious recipes: https://www.sevassolutions.com
Recipe Link: https://www.recipetineats.com/greek-chicken-gyros-with-tzatziki/ (You can auto – adjust the serving size)
My favorite way to serve Gyros is to lay out the pita bread, tzatziki sauce, salad, and chicken and let my friends / family make their own Gyro just how they like it.
4 lb Chicken Fillets, boneless skinless (thighs are preferred)
6 Garlic Cloves, minced (~ 3 tsp.)
2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar (red wine or apple cider vinegar are other options)
6 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. EVOO
6 Tbsp. Greek yogurt, full fat is preferred
3 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
2 tsp. Salt
Black pepper, to taste
6 Tomatoes, deseeded and diced
6 Cucumbers, diced
1 Red Spanish Onion, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup Fresh Parsley (optional)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 – 6 Pita Breads
1. Place the Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag and massage to mix.
2. Add the chicken into the ziplock bag and massage to cover all the chicken in the Marinade.
3. Marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably 3 hours, ideally 12 hours and no longer than 24 hours.
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
2. Remove chicken from Marinade. Cook the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through (cooking time depends on size of chicken).
3. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and onto a plate.
4. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
*You may need to cut your chicken thighs if they’re too large.*
1. Get a pita bread (preferably warmed & homemade) and place it on a piece of parchment paper / foil.
2. Place some Salad down the middle of the bread, then top with chicken and Tzatziki.
3. Roll the wrap up, enclosing it with the parchment paper. Twist the end with the excess parchment paper to secure it and cut if desired.
***Or you can lay everything out and let everyone help themselves!***
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Protein: 65 g
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 1,297 mg
Potassium: 1,457 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 1,455 IU
Vitamin C: 36 mg
Calcium: 233 mg
Iron: 4 mg
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and let me know what videos you want to see from me in the comments section!